Once Labor Day rolls around, consumers start thinking about a different list of landscape improvements. You need to adjust your thinking too.
Make a plan for sales growth and profits by offering a full menu of services in the months ahead.
Start promoting these services now:
- Aeration – lawns that are suffering from poor soils or compaction benefit greatly from fall aeration. With the right equipment, aeration can be done quickly and profitably. It’s a service that can be offered by lawn care, landscape or irrigation contractors.
- Overseeding and turf renovation – many lawns that started the season looking marginal now appear even worse after the stresses of summer heat and turf disease. Whole-yard turf renovation sells well in the fall. It’s the right time to help customers get the lawn they’ve been dreaming of.
- Landscape lighting – shorter days and cooler temperatures get customers back outside to enjoy outdoor living spaces. Professional lighting extends the use of outdoor spaces and keeps them safe for visitors.
- Fall fertilization – a fall application of fertilizer is an essential step in getting turf ready to endure the winter. Get customers signed up for fall applications now.
- Irrigation winterization – systems must be professionally drained ahead of freezing weather. Be proactive in contacting all of your accounts early to get winterization dates scheduled in advance. Invest in a new compressor to make it easier.
- Snow and ice management –the early-bird contractor grabs the best accounts by marketing snow services as early as August. The best accounts offer the best revenue opportunities with the least amount of hassles. (Be sure to order ice melt products early this year too!)