It is vital to the success of any business to maintain connections with their customers year round. But the fall season presents both challenges and opportunities for doing just that. On the one hand, summer comes to an end, and customers have less time and interest in upkeep of their outdoor spaces. However, as the days get shorter and colder, people tend to spend more time indoors. Evidence suggests that when people spend time inside due to poor weather, their social media usage increases as well. Social media can be a key piece in building trust, credibility and ensuring customers see your messaging. So consider these tips to connect with customers and support the growth of your business.
1. Post Images of Your Projects
Fall is loved by many for the beautiful scenery it provides. Use this to your advantage and take photos of your projects. Before and after photos, and videos do a great job at demonstrating to your social media following how you can help transform their outdoor spaces into the ultimate fall landscape. With these posts, create a story in your caption, one that a potential customer can relate to. For example “Kevin came to Smith Landscaping complaining about overgrown grass and shrubbery on his property. After walking through his property with him and providing a quote, we were able to tidy up Kevin’s lawn. He now has the best looking lawn on the block!”.
2. Ensure Customers Can Find You on Social Media
As you approach the quieter fall and winter months, take some time to ensure customers can find you on social media. Do you share your accounts on your website, flyers and leave-behind materials? Do you include the information in a follow up email after completing a project? Taking these steps is the easiest and most efficient step to grow your following, which can lead to more sales. Remember, when a customer follows and engages with your content it not only builds trust and credibility but also reminds them of the value your business could add to their lives. When using social media be sure to respond to customer messages and comments, and post content worthy of sharing. This content can include links to interesting blog posts, beautiful landscape photo’s or personal messages from your team.
3. Take Advantage of Fall Holidays
- Halloween (Oct 31st) – Halloween is a great time to get creative with your social media posts. You could post a photo of a spooky Halloween landscape design, or share a tip on how to keep your outdoor space safe for trick-or-treaters.
- Veterans Day (Nov 11th) – This is a day to honor the brave men and women who have served our country. You could post a photo of a patriotic landscape design, or offer a discount to veterans on your services.
- Thanksgiving (Nov 23rd) – This is a time to be grateful for all the good things in our lives, including our homes and outdoor spaces. You could post a photo of a beautiful Thanksgiving landscape, or share how thankful you are to your customers.
- Black Friday (Nov 24th) – Black Friday is the perfect time to run discounts or specials. Consumers are keeping their eyes peeled for deals. Create and post about a special discount for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Canva is a design tool that is free and easy to use. It can help beginners craft social media posts, with their many effects and templates. They even have templates already created for the holidays mentioned.
4. Highlight Your Seasonal Services
Use your social media to highlight services in high demand during the fall. This can include leaf removal, irrigation winterization, and fall fertilization to prepare turf for the dormancy of winter. Considering social media ads? These are the services you want to emphasize this time of year.
Whether it’s branding, marketing and design, website and SEO audits, or access to professional marketing partners with expertise in social media marketing success, Central is the right choice for customizing the marketing needs of your business. Our highly dedicated team has decades of experience to help you identify best-practices and implement initiatives that deliver results. We’re ready to partner with you so your company can save and grow!