The start of the season, it’s always a good idea to evaluate the products and resources in your tool kit. That’s why our focus is to educate you on the newest technology trends across the industry, so that your jobs are more profitable. Below are some of the most advanced and user-friendly products this season.
1. EZ-DT Diagnostic Tool: The new handheld EZ-DT diagnostic tool uses wireless technology to streamline installation and maintenance of EZ Decoder Systems. Contractors can use the EZ-DT to quickly and easily assess system health from within the valve box — without having to uninstall the decoders — reducing time and labor on the jobsite.
- Detect faults and perform electrical troubleshooting in the field without uninstalling decoders
- Quickly read decoder status, station address, current draw, and two-wire voltage to simplify maintenance
- Program decoder station address via wired connection to speed up installation and save time on-site
- Update controller facepack or decoder module firmware via ribbon cable connection for flexibility when updating systems
- Communicate in their preferred language using the multilingual user interface
- Work efficiently on the go with power supplied by four AAA batteries
2. PGP-06: At 6″, it can clear tall turf and deliver water efficiently without interference. Featuring a ¾” inlet and a wide array of high-efficiency nozzles, it’s a great system upgrade option with numerous benefits:
- Patented automatic arc return feature returns the turret back to the original arc pattern if vandalized. The adjustable arc spans from 50° to 360°.
- Non-strippable drive mechanism is protected from damage if turned in the opposite direction of travel.
- Part- and full-circle rotation in one model offers flexibility across landscapes and reduced inventory.
- Headed and slotted setscrew enables all-radius adjustment with a Hunter wrench or flat-blade screwdriver, making it easy to fine-tune the spray.
- QuickCheck arc mechanism enables rapid arc adjustment.
The 6″ pop-up model rounds out the line of PGP® Ultra rotors, which also includes the most popular 4″ model, along with the 12″ pop-up and shrub models.
- Compatible with Hydrawise enabled HC, HPC, Pro-HC, and HCC controllers only
- Sends station-level flow rates and flow totals from the sensor to the controller wirelessly, without the need to dig trenches or run wire
- Provides 500′ line-of-sight communication from transmitter to receiver
Enable advanced cloud-based control and water-saving features for ICC2 and ACC2 controllers with the mobile-friendly Centralus platform.
- Full Run Time editing capabilities (by Station/Block/Interval, in hours:minutes:seconds)
- Conflict Detection identifies and reports changes in field hardware configuration
Cellular connection (monthly data plan required), in addition to Wi-Fi and LAN
- Enhanced remote capabilities, including water days, start times, and run time adjustments
- Highly secure cloud access
- Map-based navigation and status
- Instant remote control from mobile device
- Flow monitoring and reporting
- Alarm reports and detailed irrigation history reports with mobile text alerts
- Crew management functions
- Pure copper chip in every emitter provides the most effective root intrusion protection
- True check valves in every emitter provide 10 ft of holdback (highest in the industry)
- One dripline to stock
- GPH = 0.6 and 0.9
- Spacing = 12” and 18”
- Coil Lengths = 100’, 250’, 500’ and 1,000’ (build to order)
- Colors = Copper, Purple and Purple Stripe
- Mechanical flow measurement provides a cost-effective flow sensing solution
- Simple troubleshooting through quick visual identification of clogs or leaks
- Retro-fit model to upgrade any Rain Bird basket filter model
- 3 additional color-coded mesh filters to satisfy multiple filtration needs (offered separately)
- FLOW-100 (1” flow-indicating basket filter)
- FLOW-100-PRB (1” flow-indicating basket filter with pressure regulation)
- XCZ-100-FLOW (1” control zone kit with flow-indicating basket filter, pressure regulation and PESB valve)
- FLOW-RETRO (retrofit kit)
TORO / IRRITROL
7. Irritrol 40 psi I-Pro PR Spray Bodies
- Certified to EPA WaterSense® requirements
- Compatible with Irritrol, Rain Bird®, and Hunter® female-thread nozzles.
- Easy-to-adjust ratcheting riser requires less force to adjust dry or when under pressure.
- Competitive list prices
8. The Aqua Line: Actuator & Remote: The Aqua Line allows you to open and close standard valves remotely using the Aqua Actuator and Aqua Remote. After installing the Aqua Line, there’s no need to enter a customer’s home or business, removing the hassle of liability and coordinating schedules. With the Aqua Line, everyone saves valuable time and money, plus adds to your bottom line by helping you get more done with less.
- Compatible with ½ inch to 1½ inch ball valves
- Does not require plumber for installation
- Installs in minutes, but built to last for years
- Secure connection to only your companies Aqua Remotes
- Tracks manual operations for your protection
- Does not require wifi
- Programmable security ID
- Long lasting, rechargeable battery
- Two-way communication allows you to see the position of the Actuator remotely (open or closed)
- Reliable 915 MHz signal allows control from up to 100 meters
- Can sync and control multiple Aqua Actuators
- Small, but durable, IP68 rated, dust-proof, waterproof and shockproof
- Available on select Knights Series and Odyssey Series fixtures
- Illuminator Area Lights
- Guardian Up Lights
- Oxford Up Lights
- Islander Tropical-inspired Torch Light
- Fixtures bring a distinct look and feel to a landscape design and helps contractors distinguish their services from others.
- Available in 300W and 600W configurations
- Permanent, hard-wired installation serves as a deterrent to vandalism and potential theft.
- The only transformer line to include a range of 12V to 24V taps.
- Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Signal extender for FLEX GOLD Vivid Series LED color-changing lamps.
- Significantly improves mobile app connectivity with lamps.
- Compatible with any generation of Vivid lamps.
12. SRP – Strip Light
New 12 VAC white strip lights from FX Luminaire are constructed with extruded silicone to provide superior protection against tough outdoor conditions. Designed for solder-less splice connections, they are available in both warm (2,700K) and soft (3,000K) color temperatures. A full spectrum of accessories allows the strip lights to be installed in a variety of settings.
- AC voltage
- Warm and soft color temperatures: 2,700K and 3,000K
- Viewing angle: top view
- Robust extruded silicone construction
- IP67 rating
- Solder- and adhesive-free splice connections
- Compatible with the Luxor Low-Voltage Cube (LCM-LV)
13. QL – Down Light
Ideal for narrow spaces, the ultra-compact QL down light includes a convenient, modular surface-mounting bracket. The fixture provides effective downward illumination for perimeter fencing, columns, doorways, and pergolas.
- Compact, 1LED down light
- Surface-mounted with no visible hardware
- Modular bracket doubles as an installation guide and provides four ways to route the lead wire
14. LD – Ledge Light
With an innovative snap-on lens, the compact LD ledge light is easy to install and service. At less than 5.0″ (127 mm) wide, it shines proudly as the smallest ledge light from FX Luminaire.
- Tool- and hardware-free servicing with snap-on lens
- Accommodates 10W, 20W, and 30W equivalent G4 LED lamps
Finally, rely on Central to help, whether it’s questions about troubleshooting or installation, showing you how to use specific equipment, or sharing insight and recommendations on the newest technologies. We stay at the leading edge of the industry and we’re ready to help you grow!